Overview of Current Program Directions - Healthy Children Initiative
Active Travel to School
- Develp and launch NSW Charter for Children's Active Travel with a key ministerial champion (Oct 2014 - done).
- Consult relevant stakeholders about a new suite of essential resources (January - March 2015).
- Pilot an Active Travel to School Program in a range of different school settings (set up Term 2 2015, pilot term 3 2015).
Munch & Move
- Ongoing training and implementation support to early childhood services across all Local Health Districts.
- In May 2014 we launched an online refresher module for services that have previously attended a workshop but wanted an update on the program components.
- We also released a revised version of Caring for Children – Birth to 5 years (Food, Nutrition and Learning Experiences), which is a core resource within early childhood services and their kitchens across NSW.
- We are excited to announce that from July 2015 the Munch & Move training workshop will now be delivered via a ‘live’ webinar series. More information including the dates and times of each webinar series will be available in mid June 2015.
- Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD will be launching a Fundamental Movement Skill app very soon!
- Ongoing delivery of Go4Fun program across all Local Health Districts.
- State-wide marketing strategy
- Continued support and development of the Go4Fun facebook page.
- Support of the Go4Fun website.
- CALD and Indigenous programs.
- Clinical engagement and referral strategies.
- Talking About Weight – Health Professional modules.
- Professional development webinars for leaders.
Live Life Well @ School
- Training and implementation support to primary schools in all Local Health Districts.
- Conferences in partnership with ACHPER (Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation) and the NSW Department of Education and Communities School Sport Unit.
- Design and deployment of online professional learning for teachers on the Live Life Well @ School program accredited by the NSW Board of Studies and Educational Teaching Standards.
Crunch & Sip
Fruit n Veg Month Aug/September
Healthy High School Canteen Program
Formative research involving comprehensive stakeholder consultation together is being undertaken to gain an understanding of high schools’ organisational capacity, ability and commitment to implement the Fresh Tastes @ School NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy and identify drivers for change for change within the setting. Strategies will be finalised after consultation and formative research.
Healthy Supported Playgroups Program
A Collaborative Program Development Research Project is being conducted to determine the program design and pilot the Healthy Supported Playgroups Program, to ensure the state wide program is relevant, appropriate and transferable to the supported playgroup demographics, setting and service.
A pilot will be conducted in metropolitan and rural services which will be followed by a broader implantation across NSW.
Finish With The Right Stuff
Implementation of Year One pilot in up to 100 clubs will include healthy canteen training and associated grant scheme, post training implementation support and a state-wide social marketing campaign promoting the Finish With Right Stuff Brand and key program messages – Drink Water First and eat healthy choices after sport.