Communications and Marketing · Cabinet approval for mass media advertising has been secured to June 2014. Future cabinet approval will be sought collaboratively with the Healthy Eating Active Living strategy (HE/AL).
· Approval for advertising $50,000 or less will be sought to ensure that a media presence (albeit reduced) is maintained following June 2014.
· Direct Mail to low SES homes in NSW will continue. An updated letter is in final stages of approval. A ‘nudge’ approach will be trialled in to LHDs. 291,452 homes will receive DM in 2014.
· A social media strategy will be launched in July/August. Management of social media channels will be outsourced. Social media will include Facebook for engaging with consumers and Twitter for engaging with professionals.
·The GHS Style Guide is under review. The review will see an updated look and feel with key brand elements retained. A publication review will follow.
· Further enhancements will be made to the GHS website, with the bulk of investment to be made in the development of supportive tools for the participant log in section of the website.
Research and Evaluation
·The GHS Pharmacy Study’ is examining the cost and effectiveness of promoting the GHS to community pharmacies in order to increase pharmacy based referrals. The study period is January 2014 to August 2014.
· A 'GHS Research & Evaluation Forum’ is planned for June 2014. The forum will showcase the 5 year achievements of the NSW GHS and will provide an opportunity for Stakeholders and States to share their evaluation and research findings.
·The Social Network Analysis (SNA) study is investigating the reach and flow of health information, specifically on the GHS in two Aboriginal communities. The study is expected to finish in April 2014.
· The Aboriginal Appropriateness Study will explore the suitability of the Aboriginal GHS module to Aboriginal participants.
· A 12 month follow up study of participants enrolled in the type 2 Diabetes Prevention module will commence in late 2014.
· Prior to implementing the GWG module, a Gestational Weight Gain Module RCT study will be undertaken to compare the effectiveness of the module vs. provision of information only to pregnant women.
· An Economic Appraisal Evaluation is being carried out to assist with securing long term funding for the Get Healthy Service.
· A preliminary investigation will be undertaken to identify ways to support CALD communities to access the GHS and therefore increase participation.
Partnerships & Engagement
· Development of an Engagement Strategy with LHDs, Medicare Locals, GPs and Health Professionals